JWC in a Nutshell
- I'm an engineer/nerd/whatever you call someone who likes to design and build things.
- I've been playing with electronics about as long as I've been able to read.
- I like hands-on stuff; much of my knowledge is self-taught from projects I've designed.
- I go to MIT, and am ultimately interested in working in industry after my studies.
- I've dabbled in the design of everything from high-level applications to digital logic to analog circuitry. I especially like working with low-level digital logic devices like FPGAs.
- Much to the concern of some, I enjoy working with more "dangerous" nerdy stuff. Case in point: lasers.
- I'm a strong believer of "if you want something done right, do it yourself." That's why I build my own computers, use Linux distros that focus on extreme flexibility, and often write scripts to accomplish various repetitive tasks.
- I have tons of ideas for cool projects in a wide range of fields, but I never seem to have the time to work on them.
- I have a resume or something.